Thursday, 12 March 2009

Rough cut video and feedback


video


Our rough cut of our thriller recieved a fairly basic grade but with it a list of general feedback and targets for improvement.


In order to reach the highest possible grade it is necessary for us to develop the opening whereby it is made slightly more gradual. Improve use of transitions between locations for a more natural feel and re-position titles so that they can be seen properly.


It lies evident that the latter half of our opening lacks direction and narrative, so having taken on board the targets for improvement our group decided to make our titles separate from the footage, this will add in length of time so we are able to completely abolish the end half of our opening, thus improving the piece as a whole.



Changes and amendments to our rough cut

With only one day left until our deadline we received our final pieces of feedback from our teacher. The changes in which had to be made were only slight, changing transitions in order to improve the flow of the narrative, i.e. cross dissolve in placement of dip to black in order to portray a change in time and location.

Additionally, there were a few sound issues where some digetic sound was not loud enough and the music which had been added in was too over bearing, therefore we adjusted the sound levels so that the sound could be heard.


Thursday, 5 March 2009

Editing stages

Having imported all of the relevant shots into premier in which would be used it was time to find music and sound effects. In order to meet the conventions of the task it proved difficult to find the specific type of music in which I was looking for. As our thriller is the sub genre: psycological the music I required was mysterious and eerie.

Finding the music proved very time consuming, the websites in which I located held music that was perfect for what I required but was not copyright free. When I finally found a website which offered copyright free music I searched the various styles and eventually found music that was suitable for my thriller opening.

Editing it into the specific clips proved easier than I anticipated it would be. By using the audio transitions available such as constand gain the different music blended in with eachother.

After having shown our opening to our teacher we were given numeous feedback:
- lengthen and change certain clips in order to detract from the trailer style we had adapted in sections of our opening, additionally a suggesstion was to change part of the music as it was slightly up tempo for the theme of our thriller.