Thursday, 29 January 2009
The example blog is clearly updated on a regular basis, and when it is updated the written depth is of plenty of detail, with the inclusion of images too which is effective in presenting progress and ideas clearly.
It shows how the group went through many decision making stages which although our group has too these decisions have not been blogged and therefore there is little evidence to suggest that any progress made.
Another inclusion in which this person has added is analysis of fonts to be used for the titles- something which i will take into consideration and also do in order to find the perfect font.
Lastly, by analysing a student thriller they are able to gain an insight as to inclusions which are effective and perhaps not so.
Sunday, 25 January 2009
Today, from feedback recieved we went out to the woods and re-shot a few of our shoots, we also finished our footage in outside locations. The weather was an inconvinience, however we still went out in the rain in order to complete footage. Unfortunately one of our group members was unable to make this filming date, however we have a scheduled a meeting where we will inform him of changes and extra footage that was shot.
We re-did shots which needed improvement i.e, steady hand, we felt today went more smoothly due to more experience and knowledge in set up of the certain shots. Luckily the english weather enabled perfect lighting creating intended atmosphere.
Lia and Tad (actor and actress) arrived at my house and we shot our final bits of footage in a new location, the childs bedroom.
Unfortunately our camera ran out of battery so we had to improvise by using another camera which will hopefully produce the same quality of filming as the HD camera has. We felt the acting was perfect as was props and setting, it was helpful to have Tad there who has filming experience due to the fact he has already done AS media.
The shots were filmed efficently and as a group we feel confident that our camera skills have improved.
We also managed to shot some footage in our second location (desolate barn) which as it was getting late we were unable to continue due to poor lighting conditions.
Feedback recieved from Mr Michie:
- costume, location and mise-en-scene= good.
- improve stability of camera in point of view shots
- To add in extra shots where necessary in order to improve continuity
Our next scheduled filming date is Thursday 22nd and then again on Sunday 25th.
Monday, 5 January 2009
(Unfortunately our anamatic was uncompleted and once completed deleted from the laptop in which we created, hence no video.)
After class feedback it became apparent that on a whole our group’s anamatic was of a pleasing standard. We made good use of sound so that an atmosphere was created. It also aided awareness for the audience for a sounder understanding as to what was going on during each shot. Inclusion of flashbacks within our opening proved difficult to portray in a storyboard however they were understood by the audience without explanation which we were particularly pleased with.
The anamatic has helped us to improve our opening further by being able to view whether things look appropriate and create suspense and tension in a desired manner. It showed us that we need decrease the length of particular shots which continued for an unnecessary amount of time, in addition it was evident that we had too many shots which included running, this became boring for the audience, consequently losing their interest.
Now that these problems and improvements have become apparent our final thriller opening should hopefully be one which holds suspense and tension urging the audience to continue to watch.